(1) The attack sparked massive unrest in the capital, leaving at least five people dead and 17 others missing .(2) The one thing that is obviously missing from the wreck is any sign of a propshaft or propshaft tunnel.(3) Experts tell us that with missing persons cases, the more that time elapses, the colder the case becomes.(4) There followed ‘one of the largest and most public missing persons inquiries that has ever taken place in this country’.(5) It is not like the usual missing person, where we do not know what has happened.(6) The death toll is set to top 29,000 with most of the 4,500 missing people likely to be declared dead.(7) The Justice Department asked us to create a special national missing persons Web site for Katrina victims.(8) Daniel was born with one of his heart valves missing and had to undergo emergency surgery twice before the age of five.(9) For the pain will be there as long as we have missing people who are unaccounted for.(10) The missing bags have since been recovered and were sent to Birmingham along with three trailer-loads of clothes sorted at the Cheetham Hill depot.(11) Previously officers have practiced skills used to search for missing persons.(12) She had no injuries, but the green car is still missing .(13) As soon as she realized who it was, her expression was that of a little girl who just found a missing doll she lost but hasn't been able to forget.(14) He said they could be used to find lost objects when held over a map although he had nor yet been able to locate his own missing bicycle.(15) The children's mother had reported them missing to police on Wednesday.(16) The boiler and engine were missing , presumably salvaged many years ago.
(1) miss :: tęsknić
(2) missing link :: brakujący link
(3) missing in action :: zaginiony w akcji
(4) missing out :: brakuje
(5) missing person :: brakująca osoba
(6) go missing :: zaginął
(7) be missing :: brakować
(8) missing words :: brakujące słowa
(9) missing people :: zaginieni ludzie
(10) missing part :: brakująca część
1. lost ::
2. absent ::
4. fail to hit ::
5. fail to catch ::
6. be too late for ::
być za późno
7. fail to hear ::
9. fail to attend ::
10. let slip ::
11. avoid ::
12. pine for ::
13. lose ::
14. lack ::
15. escape ::
16. drop ::
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
See? They're MISSING out
on hilarious jokes like that.
The Big Bang Theory Season 8, Episode 20
That is a story an auditor can believe.
What am I MISSING?
Breaking Bad Season 3, Episode 12
Am I MISSING something,
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 17
That kid that went MISSING
up in White Horse.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 15
If you keep MISSING, we will.
Game of Thrones Season 4, Episode 9
English to Polish Dictionary: missing
Meaning and definitions of missing, translation in Polish
language for missing with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of missing in Polish and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'missing'
What missing means in Polish, missing meaning
in Polish, missing
definition, examples and pronunciation
of missing in Polish language.